I got hit by a police car that was responding to an emergency. The city says that the police officer is immune under these circumstances. If this is true, can I bring an uninsured motorist claim?

It depends on the language in your automobile insurance policy. If the policy says that you can only file an uninsured motorist claim if you are legally entitled to recover from the uninsured driver, then you probably cannot. If the policy defines an uninsured motor vehicle to include a governmental vehicle covered by an immunity, then you can.  For more information, click here.