Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800-589-3023
Phone: 440-233-1100
Miraldi & Barrett Co., LPA

What kind of losses can be recovered if someone's carelessness injures me?


In injury cases, a person is entitled to both economic damages and non-economic damages.  Economic damages are the reasonable value of medical services, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses.  Non-economic damages include harms and losses that reflect pain, discomfort, inability to enjoy activities, and emotional upset.  If injuries are permanent, compensation may be awarded for future harms and losses in these same categories.