I was injured while on vacation in another state. Where will the claim be filed?

Generally speaking, claims are usually filed in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred or where the parties to the lawsuit are located. However, if the parties live in different states and the amount in controversy exceed $75,000, the case may be filed in the federal trial courts.